I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Inside the Hunt Cabin


Warm & Toasty
November 10, 2008

I have to tell you that I love both the look and feel of wood! It was the secondary selling feature for this house only out shadowed by the location. The inside of the hunt cabin is finished almost exclusively in wood giving it a warm, cosy and homey feel. The main source of heat is Old Betsy here and believe me in Northern Ontario that fire needs to be stoked quite often. The wood stove is utilitarian so you don't get to enjoy the ambiance of the fire but that's ok as the primary purpose is supplying efficient heating for a cabin that really could do with some sealing. The cabin is closed for the winter primarily due to location. It lies in a area that receives higher snowfall and the owners live quite some distance from the cabin meaning they would have to travel treacherous winter roads to get there and then the road conditions could always worsen while they are there. So hunt camp is the shutting down the cabin for the winter trip as well. Until next year...

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.