I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hard Economic Times



Everywhere you look the topic at hand is the current economic times with a heavy emphasis on recession. The writing has been on the economic wall for quite some time yet for whatever reason many folks refused to believe hard times could be right around the corner. I hear the fear in their voices and the words they write. At the same time I see some of the folks displaying the most fear refusing to cut back on spending in any capacity so that confuses me. Even when you've cut back as much as you think you can there is always opportunities to cut back further.

Frugal tendencies might not seem like much of a blessing. I have no idea whom I inherited my frugal tendencies from but I am very blessed to have them. They have served me very, very well over the years. I have done my best to use these tendencies to benefit our family and I know some have been passed on to not only the next generation. I hope they will pass these and perhaps add to them to the youngest generation in our family.


Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


1 comment:

  1. My mother grew up during the depression, and was the only one in a family of eight who remained employed. I never really understood the reason for her economy until I was older. However, I learned to squeeze a dollar until the Eagle screams.

    Frugality is a blessing because the government will never bail us out of debt.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.