I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, November 03, 2008

updating blogs

Sorry, no picture today. I have been quite busy most of the day updating my cooking blog. It is still a work in progress that likely won't see completion before morning but it is getting close. I've learned a lot today with all the tweaking so that's a good thing. In celebration I even made a new 125x125 ad for the cooking blog! If you have the chance to stop by, please let me know what you think. This blog and my homemaking blog are next on the adgenda but I will make announcements when I start the updates.

Updating is always difficult especially for someone like me who really likes to stay with the tried and true. All four blogs while they have distinctive features can benefit from a little pizzaz. There's frustration when you try a background and it works one way but if you try it another way it does. There is the tediousness of creating graphics, testing and then retesting, tweaking and retesting before you get just the right look. There's annoyance at checking the links in the sidebar to make sure they are still working. There's the hard look at elements as to whether they are doing what you want or not. There is sadness at finding out a program like BlogRush that you participated in and gave up part of your blog real estate to has up and shut down. It is equally frustration when you have widgets that are designed to bring traffic and or advertising to your blog only to find out they serve inappropriate ads or they are being run by extremely anal control freaks dictating to you what you can and cannot do on your own blog despite the fact that they are where they are today because of us bloggers. You have to decide whether or not to remove the widget or not and that is not always an easy choice but some are making it easier. Then there are the advertisers but for the most part as long as you are not doing anything illegal they don't dictate what you can and can't blog about. At the same time you do have to stay on top of them so that the advertising fits in with the theme of the blog. Well all of this is part of blogging and that means the blog by default is constantly evolving. And that is where I'm at this week.

I'm a blogger :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blog, which I came to know through Blog Your Blessings. I think you do a class job. I am a lousy cook who has little interest in the kitchen, sadly, so I don't visit cooking blogs. (My loss.) But I have to say that I like what I read here and I always enjoy the photos. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy :) Thank-you so much for your lovely compliments. I have a lot of fun with the blogs so it is nice to hear others are enjoying them as well.

    I started reading your blog shortly after joining Blog Explosion which is where I discovered Blog Your Blessings. Speaking of BYBS, I had best get a post ready for today.

    Take care,

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.