I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ungrounded


Morning Moon
November 6, 2008

It has been a rather interesting week for me although my blogs did not really reflect this. My husband left last Saturday for hunt camp so I spent a couple of laid back days by myself then headed up to visit the kids. The first stop was the home of oldest grandbaby where Grandma had the wonderful opportunity of learning all the new tricks of toddlers. Trust me on this one there is only so many times Grandma can watch Dora the Explorer or play chase the nakked baby game but Grandma found a lot of other ways to entertain a precotious toddler. Then oldest grandbaby was lost! Grandma and Dora (yep a large replica doll) had to go on an adventure find grandbaby bringing a lot of squeals and giggles from the couch as we searched. Finally we found grandbaby which was a very good thing because her Mommy and Daddy would have not been happy with Grandma if we hadn't found grandbaby!

Wednesday after a lovely meatloaf dinner Grandma and grandbaby cooked, Grandma loaded up the car and headed to visited youngest grandbaby thanks to the very useful driving instructions from Mommy to oldest grandbaby. Driving around the GTA after dark is not something I enjoy doing because of night time glare and missing turns but the instructions were clear and concise so I was able to find my way quite easily. I arrived at the home of youngest grandbaby in time to enjoy little miss who was supposed to be getting sleepy but decided that sharing the latest baby entertainment with Grandma was a bit more important. Talk about a little cutie! Great big eyes with a ready grin that goes from ear to ear then up to make sparkling eyes is just simply adorable. Grandma visited with grandbaby and Mommy while Daddy worked on the design for a mural for grandbaby's new bedroom. Grandbaby played the I want your attention now! game with Daddy by peeking over the couch back then letting out a squeal. This little one is crawling a bit but the indications that walking is going to be preferable over crawling.

The weather turned nasty Thursday so Grandma decided to leave a bit early as Grandma doesn't like driving in slippery conditions. Besides Grandma was getting very tuckered out and had canning to do before Grandpa arrived home. But first Grandma had to unwind...

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


4 comments:

  1. That's really lovely you and your husband take time to do your thing and that you could be with family! Hope you're safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess you didn't do a blessing post today. . .but your grandchildren are surely a blessing! your new blog makeover is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy :) My husband and I seldom go away without each other. His hunt trip along with a golf trip each year are the only times he goes by himself making a total of about 7 days in a year. Other times I have always found a lot of thing for me to do around here but this year being with the kids just felt right :) It was a good trip even though it was tiring but I had a wonderful time bonding with the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi PERBS and thanks for visiting. Yes I did a BYBS post likely in the writing stage as you wrote your comment. The neat thing is Sunday lasts 24 hours so I try to get the post done before midnight since Sundays are generally spent enjoying family and friends meaning little internet time.

    Our grandchildren are little wonders! I'm a bit biased but they really are gorgeous. Both of them have been blessed with above average intelligence and very good looks. They really are blessings that remind me so much of the blessings that went before them.

    I hope you like the new blog makeover. So far the comments have been positive.

    Take care and happy BYBS,

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.