I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Memories


Have you ever thought what a blessing memories are? I have. I think that is one reason why I love scrapbooking and genealogy. Both preserve memories for the future generations but at the same time they trigger emotions that remind me of the times that have already passed. I cherish memories even though some are not as pleasant as others. Each of these memories are blessings in their own right.


Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


6 comments:

  1. Memories are a rich blessing. In a way I think our blogs are extended scrapbooks. I wonder if they will survive generations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O yes! Memories you make with yourself, family and friends are precious. Great choice as your blessing this week!

    NIce background! I can't use it because it is only for PC computers.
    Paulie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:28 AM

    You are so right. After many years of thinking about it, I did one scrapbook for my older brother. I was not sure how it would be received, but it was a real hit.

    With all the problems I have had with my son, perhaps I should find some happy spots and scrap them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice way to think of blogs Sandy. For many they really are extended scrapbooks. It would be nice if they survive generations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Paulie! I made the background and header myself. There's a link to how I did a similar one using Photoshop® in yesterday's entry. This method isn't just for PC computers as I use a Mac and you could easily use the same method using Photoshop Elements® or Paint Shop Pro®. So if you have one of these programs you can make your own backgrounds and headers. This particular method is designed to be used with Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the reason scrapbooks became such a success is they tell more of a story about each event. At the same time scrapbooks tell something about the scrapbooker through their use of colour, design and embellishments. Sometimes scrapping the not so happy moments in life is good too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.