I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Independence



This past week my husband went to hunt camp. Now I could have stayed home and in many respects that would have been a very easy choice. Instead I decided on a whim to go visit the kids, parents to oldest grandbaby and parents to youngest grandbaby. I called the kids for driving directions, carefully packed clothes and toiletries checking everything twice, tossed in the laptop and iPod® Touch, the cell phone, the chargers, a bag of goodies for the kids then I checked everything again. I made a final round through the house making sure everything was secured and set just right. Then I was on my way for the very long drive of which I would make without a stop unless absolutely necessary. A few hours later as I turned into the driveway of parents to oldest grandbaby I gave myself a quiet pat on the back. I did it! In that instant I realized I had regained a bit of independence lost and that was a real blessing for me. It might not seem like a lot to others but to me it was a huge step forward. What a blessing!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


3 comments:

  1. I understand and I celebrate your new freedom.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:09 AM

    Hi...I like the new look of your blog. Hope you are doing fine. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mharms :) Things are going well here. I hope you have a good week as well.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.