I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - Building a Home

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

Part of building any home is building family relationships. It's funny that so much emphasis is put on the building itself when that is really where is should not be. Our home right from the time it was established well before our kids ever came to be was built on respect. We raised our kids built on respect and to this day not one of them would ever bad mouth us, or swear at us and I doubt would ever raise their voice to us. At the same time we respected them. They are the everything we have worked so hard for.  In return they have brought their loves into our lives where we have welcomed them as one of our own.  There is no married ins, they simply become our kids, our family.  We are so very, very proud of our kids.  They are some of the most amazing people you would ever want to meet and while I might be just a bit biased I will always toot their horn.

A home is not a house.  Far from it.  A home is all about relationships, love and that I will be there for anything regardless of what happens.  Today is a special day for me so I am sharing it with our kids and grandkids.  We were very blessed that our kids brought their little ones into our lives so it really is like reliving our lives as young parents while advising as older experienced parents while enjoying the innocence of youth through our grandkids.  We get the absolute wonderful opportunity to view the world from another fresh set of eyes while watching our babies become very capable and loving parents.  And life goes on while building a home :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.