I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, June 11, 2010

Food Fare at the Fleamarket

Cuban Mobile food truck
Mobile Cuban Food Truck
May 23, 2010

Dotted throughout the Lakeland Fleamarket in Lakeland, Florida are several mobile food trucks as well as a few permanent food booths and a beer booth.  There is a large Cuban population in central Florida so it is quite easy finding small eateries specializing in authentic Cuban cuisine.  This mobile food truck was selling a variety of snack type foods including the very popular Cubano sandwich.  What caught my eye here were the penned chickens.  This was a very common sight at this particular fleamarket, one we hadn't seen before. 

If you note the sandy road, most of the walking paths in the open were gritty sand.  I noticed that the footware of choice was sandles and why not given the heat.  We both had sandles on but next time we go I will definitely be wearing running shoes.  That gritty sand is just downright nasty feeling between the foot and bed of the sandle!  It's also important to pay attention to the weather when going to the southern fleamarkets.  Many of them start closing up around 1 PM because of the heat so it is best to go early in the morning for a more enjoyable experience.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.