I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - A Break in the Weather

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

My gosh we have had quite a spell of very hot and very high humidity weather over the past few weeks.  I was hoping the weather would break before I started into my busiest time of the year for canning.  I really don't like running the canners when the AC is on if I can help it.  Canning generates a lot of heat and moisture in the kitchen something I don't mind doing during the heating season but prefer not to when the AC is on because it makes the AC work harder which in turn costs us more money.   Late Monday afternoon I got my wish just in time for the almost 19 lb of peaches my husband brought home for my canning pleasure.  With the garden producing nicely and local produce quite abundant, I was so happy that I could get the peaches put up with a nice breeze coming in the open windows!  What a lovely blessing :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.