I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, August 16, 2010

The Wedding

wedding cake
Wedding Cake
August 14, 2010

Weddings are always such joyful events.  This past weekend we shared in the celebration of our nephew's marriage.  All of our kids with spouses and significant others attended with the exception of one who couldn't make it due to the distance.  As we watched them exchange their vows I couldn't help but think how young they looked!  I'm sure the same was said about us when we got married as well, but then we were young. 

The beaming bride and groom made a really cute couple.  Pictured is their wedding cake.  Apparently the bride did not want a wedding cake but the groom did.  They compromised with him making all the arrangements for the wedding cake.  I think he made a nice choice.  They are both foodies who love to cook.  In fact she told me at the bridal shower that she would have to fight him for the Joy of Cooking cookbook I gifted her with.  It ended up being her first cookbook so I am so glad to hear they both love cooking. 

I think everyone enjoyed the celebration.  All of the invitations (bridal, wedding), RSVPs and thank-you cards were handmade using scrapbooking techniques.  That theme was carried over to the party favours that were four large chocolates in a small box embellished with scrapbooked tags.  The meal was excellent and the DJ kept the dance floor crowded.  The late night snack was pizza which is something I've never seen at a wedding reception.  I noticed that they did not offer coffee or tea with the snack though which is rather odd. 

We had a wonderful time!  It was late when we arrived home but the camera was filled with lost of great pictures and we had lots of great things to talk about on the ride home.  We sincerely hope the bride and groom have a very blessed life as they start this journey together!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.