I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, August 02, 2010

Fashions and Hairstyles of the 1920's

There is just something that appeals to me about the Roaring Twenties.  This was a phase coined to describe the 1920's in North America, London, Paris and Berlin.  The time period was nestled between the end of World War I and the Wall Street Crash of 1929 that ushered in The Great Depression.  The economy flourished.  Several life changing inventions, discoveries and new technologies (automobile, moving pictures, radio) during the Roaring Twenties would change the world forever.  Jazz music became quite popular.  The mood was lighter and cheerier.

As someone interested very much in genealogy the Roaring Twenties is a fascinating time period.  The fashions and hairstyles are quite interesting, reflecting the changing roles of women in society.  Here's a great video of the fashions and hairstyles.  Enjoy :)




Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.