I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Making Sauce

plain spaghetti sauce
Plain Tomato Sauce
August 20, 2010

This is the time of year that I'm extremely busy processing tomatoes.  Along with canning excess tomatoes from the garden I also process an average of 10 hampers (6¼ bushels) of commercially grown tomatoes from a relative.  Pictured is one of the first tomato based sauces I made this year.  I will be blogging about it on my cooking blog along with the other tomato based products I stock my pantry with.  I thought you might be interested in seeing what I'm up to this time of year.  The gold lids are standard Bernardin single use metal canning lids.  Once used they are not to be reused for canning.  The white lids are Tattler reusable lids that I'm testing out in the hopes of eliminating the disposable ones.  Doesn't that sauce look yummy?

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.