I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, August 06, 2010

Evening Splendor

Evening Splendor
August 4, 2010 

My apologies for a late post today.  I was up until after 3 AM canning a beautiful batch of organic green beans.  Much of the morning was spent finding my kitchen again.  It was a bit more tedious canning session than normal because I am testing Tattler reusable canning lids so I was quite concerned over seal failures.  At any rate I ended up with 7 L jars and 24 - 500 ml jars of gorgeous canned green beans.  The canner made three runs in order to process all the beans and if you know anything about canning is the processing times and cooling times can't be rushed. It was a productive evening and early morning that has left me doing a bit of catch-up but during the busier canning season that is to be expected.  Oh and while waiting on the canner I did check for the Northern Lights several times but did not see them :(  It would have been a nice sight!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.