I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Good Morning


Some mornings I'm exactly as pictured - LOL.  Honestly those are the days I'm behind before even getting up and it takes me until noon to wake up enough to function.  Today is one of those days!  I can't even think enough to tweet on Twitter.  It's the tell tale signs of the busiest time for canning.  The night before I was up late canning the third hamper of tomatoes this season.  In return I have 7 L, 5 - 500 ml and 1 - 250 ml jar of gorgeous fire roasted Italian pasta sauce with mushrooms.  Then I was up early yesterday to get things ready for a dinner party we were hosting.  I've managed to get a good part of the cleanup done this morning from last night's party just by puttering here and there for a few minutes at a time.  The dishwasher just finished running so will be ready to empty shortly.  I still have to label the jars of sauce that are still on the counter then they can be moved to the pantry.  Home canned foods should sit undisturbed for 24 hours once out of the canner to avoid and detect any sealing problems.  I have a small amount of hand washing to do then once that is all put away I can do a final wipe down through the kitchen and it will be ready for the kids and grandbaby when they get here for dinner.  They are staying with us for a couple of days so that should be quite enjoyable.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.