I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, September 06, 2010

Grandma's Lego Bin

lego bin
Grandma's Lego Bin
September 6, 2010


All three of our grandbabies were here for brunch on Saturday.  They are now very active toddlers so I guess I'm going to have to start referring to them as our grandkids.  Grandma has a large plastic tote filled with Lego building blocks that they like to play with.  In fact every kid that visits us knows about the Lego bin and it is quite common to see the entire bin dumped out onto the floor so they can look for their favourite pieces.  It's also common for the adults to join in the fun of building something with the kids.

Lego has always been one of my favourite toys!  This bin of Lego has quite a long history starting with the first pieces of Duplo (large Lego blocks) we bought for our first kid's first Christmas.  Each Christmas more Lego would find it's way into the house.  One Christmas small packages of Lego from McDonald's even hung on our tree.  There's the little girl's Lego in pretty pastel colours, camoflauge Lego, glow in the dark Lego and moving Lego.  There's even a few rather old instruction sheets for how to build certain things.  I really should laminate those!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


2 comments:

  1. love love love legos! they were my favorites as a child, and their still among my favorites to this day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really one of the best toys there is :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.