I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blog Your Blessing Sunday - Sleep

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

I am likely one of the worst sleepers there ever was.  On a good night I may actually sleep a full two hours at a time.  In fact if I sleep more than that it is a sure sign I'm sick.  Well, with my leg injury sleep became more of a challenge.  You see I do not sleep well on my back, I need to be on my side in almost a foetal position.  Then I change back and forth through the night in the allergy shuffle.  With my injury I had no choice but to sleep on my back with my leg elevated.  It has been pure misery with me now in a constant state of sleep deprivation.  My eyes have the biggest saddle bags ever that when combined with my allergiy shiners, well lets just say I won't be in a beauty pagent anytime soon.

This past week I found with the use of a pillow for support I can sleep on my right side.  The left side still is a no go because I can't get pressure on my leg even with a pillow.  I woke with a start Wednesday after sleeping soundly for a good four hours!  Oh my gosh, that just shows how exhausted I really am.  Being able to sleep on my side again just makes things right.  I can't do the allergy shuffle just yet but I'm sure it won't be long now.   I am just so happy to be able to be sleeping on my side again.  What a blessing to get back into my normal sleeping habit!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.