I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, April 02, 2011

The First Quarter of 2011

My gosh, where does time go?  The first quarter of 2011 has ended, not so much as a lamb but not really a roaring lion either.  The cold is hanging on and snow is still threatening.  Like many, I will be glad to see the last of winter's chilly grip.  The first three months of 2011 has been an eventful one for us.  We were at our vacation home in the sunny south for the first week of 2011 then is was back to trying to sell our house while maintaining our daily routine.  Despite several showings there still hasn't been an offer on the house so we won't be renewing the contract when it expires in a week.  We experienced above average snowfalls with many a day of treacherous road conditions but thankfully none of our loved ones came to any harm.  In mid-February I suffered a leg injury that kept me off my feet for two full weeks followed by painful hobbling for most of March.  Here it is April 2 and my leg still looks horrid but I'm able to get around better. 

I'm not sure how much of an influence my injury had on my mood but emotionally this has likely been the worst three months of my life in quite some time.  I suppose the endless grey days combined with being housebound hasn't helped but I'm a homebody anyway so being at home doesn't really bother me.  Not being able to cook for an extended period of time definitely adversely affected my mood.  What really has affected it though is the long, drawn out winter.  It's time for nice weather now.  Let's go Mother Nature, get rid of the snow and bring us a nice spring so I can get out in the garden!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.