I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh Mother Nature...I'd Like a Word With You

morning snow in April
Morning Snow
April 18, 2011


Is this some kind of joke?  This morning we had almost two inches of snow on the ground.  What the heck is that all about?  April is more than half over and the boat will be in the water a week from today.  This is not funny, Mother Nature!  Our furnace has been off for a little over a week and there is no way I'm putting it back on.  I did break down and put the gas fireplace on while shutting off all rooms not being used.  I put on my long johns too because I am not putting that furnace back on.  And what about my poor spring bulbs just about ready to burst into bloom while those in bloom are fighting back the blanket of snow.  Then the robin does not look over pleased with the snow either.  I have more than had it with the snow this year.  It's time for Old Man Winter to clear out once and for all!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011