I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blog Your blessing Sunday - 100 Years

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

Yesterday I posted about the sad news of my husband's Grandma passing.  She celebrated 100 years of life back in February.  I can't imagine what 100 years' of memories would be.  She lived  through two world wars, immigrated with her husband and kids from Holland to Canada then along with some of the kids immigrated to the US fracturing the family into the Canadians and the Americans, raised a family of thirteen, buried several of her kids and yet beyond everything never once wavered in her faith.  She remained a devote Catholic until the day she died.  She was an inspiration to all who knew her.  Honestly she could give you lessens in living frugally, her home not about things and acquisitions but rather about family, love and her faith. It saddens me to write about her passing but it was a life well lived with a wonderful legacy left for those behind.  I feel very, very blessed to have met and loved such a wonderful person.  A 100 years well lived!  How amazing is that?

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.