I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Peace on Earth is an Oxymoron

On the heels of Osama Bin Laden's death Sunday evening there were many voicing their sentiments that finally there could be peace.  These folks as good as their intentions are are sadly deluding themselves.  There has never in the history of the world been peace on earth and quite frankly given human nature there never will be.  War and violence started with the beginning of mankind and it will continue until the end of mankind.  My gosh some are forgetting the Holy Wars and how many battles have been fought over religion.  How many lives have been lost because of religion?  Canada was founded based on war as was pretty much every country in the world.  So the reality is peace on earth is an oxymoron.  It's a nice sentiment but a myth.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.