I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, May 02, 2011

Osama Bin Laden

Last night I was finishing up a bit of online activity when the news of Osama Bin Laden's death started trickling down through Twitter.  I immediately turned on the new to see if it was true.  It didn't matter that I was exhausted I had to see this breaking news.  I watched the press release last night and have been watching the news all day today.  Unlike some I will not be dancing in the streets over the death of another but I can't say I'm disappointed in the news of his death either.  War is war.  Bin Laden as the leader of Al Qaeda was responsible for so many deaths.  There is no doubt that he was every bit as evil as Aldolf Hitler.  It's ironic that his death came on Yom Hashoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day) further binding his association with Hitler for eternity.  I am glad Osama Bin Laden was buried at sea.  This measure will prevent any land site becoming a shrine to such an evil being. 

The sad thing is Osama Bin Laden's death will not bring back the innocent lives lost through his reign of terror nor will it ease the pain of those who lost loved ones via his hand.  I sincerely hope on some level that his death will bring some closure to those victims of 9/11.  There is already talk of his of his death being avenged.  I'm hoping this prediction will not come to pass.  There has been enough bloodshed and loss of innocent lives. 

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.