I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Brief Break

We arrived home late last night from the last leg of our spring vacation that was spent partly in Las Vegas and the remainder at our vacation home in Florida.  We knew the return leg would involve a brief stopover in Atlantic City because we could not get a direct flight.  What we didn't expect was a three and a half hour delay for the connecting flight due to the extreme storms that were going through the area that would affect landing in Detroit.  On the heels of the devastation in Joplin, Missouri I for one did not mind the delay.  Our hearts go out to those in Joplin dealing with the tragic loss.  I'd rather arrive late but safe and sound. 

It was 93ºF when we left Florida arriving to 57ºF in Detroit.  We had to put the gas fireplace on to take off the chill in the house and we are back into winterwear.  My gosh the weather over the past few years just keeps getting worse, more violent and unpredictable.  I am exhausted today, happy to be home but tired.  Now it's time to get back into my normal routine, catch up on three weeks of Coronation Street and focus on getting the house sold.  It was wonderful to get away but good to be home.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.