I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - A Bit of Chaos

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

The past week was a bit odd in that my husband was away on the boat for three days so I had the house to myself.  In the wee hours of Monday morning before he left I awoke in a fair amount of pain.  So my great plans for doing what I wanted (even though I usually do) turned into staying indoors, working on pain control and listening to the talking heads.  Oh and I prepped the house for showings that was a bit more difficult because of the pain but I managed.  Then I got the call on the last day of the boat cruise that the boat broke down but they managed to limp it to safety.  The good thing and most important thing is the guys were safe and sound.  Boats can be replaced, they cannot.  The following day we had two more house showings.  My husband was sunburned and tired, I was still in pain so it wasn't the best day.  The house was supposed to be shown on Friday but that was cancelled.  I can't say I was disappointed but you can't sell if you don't show it.  I had not been out of the house all week which really is not abnormal for me.  I decided to go pick up a few groceries while my husband was golfing.  We kew the kids, grandkids and grandpuppy were coming for lunch on Sunday.  I came home with my goodies then set to work making sub buns.  My husband was home by then and the storms rolled through knocking out our power just as the oven was heating to bake the buns.  That was easily solved.  The PVR on the other hand kept giving an error message that it was too cold so would turn on when the temperature reached 32ºF.  Umm, I think the PVR has an attitude since the indoor temperature was a balmy 74ºF with an outdoor temperature of 92ºF.  There is no way it could have a temperature issue over being too cold!  The buns were out of the oven but the internet and PVR were still being quite fickle.  I can't wait to get moved to where we don't have to deal with satellite services!  Anyway, we decided to just call it a night.  It had been a long, tiring week.  Yet today was a wonderful end to last week and beautiful start for the coming week!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.