I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Few Thoughts on My Hair

Ok, you think it is a funny topic but ever since my husband had his head shaved for cancer I've been thinking about my hair.  It is waist long, virgin hair that is gracely aging aka getting very close to salt & pepper.  It is treated with nothing more that shampoo and condition and I went to a No-poo cleansing system using cider vinegar and baking soda that I use a couple of times a month in addition to shampoo and conditioner.  I wear my hair long and straight most days or a semi-pony tail secured with a clip.  Occasionally in the summer I use a silicone product like Citri Shine but that's about it.  Long hair need not be high maintenance either.  I wash it, blow dry then style (eg. flat iron, curing iron) and believe me styling is not something I am all that interested.  I really can't be bothered.  As long as it is clean and looks half decent, I'm happy.  I know I should not blow dry my hair but trust me it is the only way to get this amount of hair dried during the winter months and I do give it a break in the summer letting the sun dry it naturally.  I have twisted it into a bun during the summer months after a day spent on the boat and honestly it will still be wet two days later!  I don't think I could ever go with a short hairdo though.  I've always had long hair with the exception of one defiant period where I cut it short to spite my Mom but that didn't last long. 

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.