I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Airports

For the past few years our winter and spring vacations have included flying which means we get to spend quality time at airports. You will note the lack of summer and fall vacations and that is because at some level we just wouldn't handle it. Anyway, let's talk airports. Our scenerio is we have to arrive at least 3 hours before boarding time so my husband can get the seat of his choice. This time we nipped that problem in the bud by reserving our seats a couple of months ahead on line. And we checked our bags and we were ready to go. Oh no, my husband still insisted on being at the airport hours before we would board. Seriously I am rolling my eyes here!

Ok so we arrive at the airport, check our bag and clear security. That's always fun going through security. I have this thing that I hate putting dirty socks into my shoes but at security you have to walk through "gawd knows what" in sock feet then put those socks back into your shoes! At the same time you get to stand in line watching others who kind of feel the same way I do tippy toeing around waiting to go through security. Then you get the "idiots" [for lack of a better term] that for whatever reason they feel they do not have to follow security rules. That means they will hold you up from clearing security but at the same time they are the most vocal making matters worse. Once you clear security you get to basically do what you want on the other side until the plane boards. Enter into the bar...

If you have never sat in an airport bar you seriously have missed an awful lot of free entertainment. There is always an "I'm very important so have a cell phone attached to my ear and make sure everyone else knows it", a "I'm a fluzzy can't you tell", everyone in between and then there is the "I''m an idiot, no serioursly, I'm an idiot". When we travel my husband and I are rather low key and relaxed. What happens happens. In airports that attitude affords us the chance to view the others at their peak of idiocy and they give us a very good conversational topic. We make up stories about the folks we see behaving rather badly and snicker amongst ourselves. Then there are the folk that see you have 4 seats at your table but are only occupying 2 that will politely ask if they can sit at your table. These folk tend to be on the friendly side so we have met a lot of nice folk this way. At the same time from most airport bars you get to do a lot of people watching. That in itself is a wonderful thing and yes you can use your imagination. Let me tell you I have some pretty good stories about folks in airports! Real or imaginary they are still very good stories :)


Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.