I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - Winter Vacation



A little over a week ago we left for our winter vacation to the warm of the sunny south in the land of No Snow. Just to be able to get out of the cold and snow even for a brief time is a blessing that many living in the Northern Hemisphere can appreciate. While there we were blessed with the enjoyment of being with friends in the warm and for the most part sunny weather. We saw some interesting sights, ate some great food, soaked up some of the sun's rays and despite having a bit of a different agenda we managed to relax. We stayed at an exclusive golf & country club enjoying two beautiful homes in the process. I personally enjoyed that I had free high speed internet for the week so I could keep up to date with the blogs even though it was to a lesser degree. We took about 700 pictures so there will be lots to share with you over the next couple of weeks.

On the home front we were very blessed to have our youngest housesit for us and neighbours watching the house as well. We had problems with the furnace before we left so were concerned it might stop altogether. My husband fixed it twice and showed youngest what to do if the belt came off again. Miracle of miracles the furnace is still chugging along. This is a real blessing because it is a Clare Megasave I that you can no longer buy parts for other than a few simple things like the fan belt. If it goes we have to replace the furnace! Our youngest and friend (see previous post) even tidied up after themselves.

All in all it was a week filled with a multitude of blessings!

May the up coming week be filled with many blessings for you. Enjoy!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.