I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, January 09, 2009

Grandma's Socks


Grandma's Socks
December 26, 2008

As you know we celebrated Christmas at the home of parents to oldest grandbaby because we felt it would be easier for us to travel than those with the little ones. Everyone gathered there Christmas Day for a wonderful day. The next day a my husband wanted to check out a couple of boxing day sales. He had a specific purchase he was looking for but it wasn't for us. Sorry but I barely do shopping as it is so my idea of spending my time certainly would not be getting hauled around checking out boxing day sales. I purposely stayed in my pj's of which my husband noticed then made the hint that Grandma might want to babysit. Hey twist my rubber arm! So hubby and the kids headed off which was fine until Little Miss Sunshine realized they were gone. The temper tantrum started at the door, down the stairs then up through the kitchen and finally back at the door with everything within reach being angrily tossed. Once back at the door I said Mommy, Daddy and Papa have gone shopping but will be back soon. She pounded the door so I opened it to show her they were indeed gone. She made a couple of sniffles then went downstairs and sat dejectedly on her new Dora couch, sniffling a few times. Grandma gave her some apple juice and a homemade shortbread cookie. A few minutes later she gave me a hug and went about playing.

Oldest grandbaby is intrigued by anything Grandma and Grandpa - our water bottles, our suitcases, our clothes and of course everything she sees when she visits here. Our suitcase was in the corner of their family room by a built-in shelf unit and behind the love seat. Little Miss Sunshine plays with things on the lower shelves so I didn't think anything of it. She was quiet and I knew there wasn't anything harmful there. Grandma loves wearing heavy fleece vests and thick sucky socks in the winter. She came around the love seat with a smile ear to ear sporting one of Grandma's vests and a pair of Grandma's socks right out of our suitcase. She wanted help getting the zipper working. Well now this was the most hilarious sight! I honestly could not help but laugh. It was priceless!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.