I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, January 05, 2009

New Year's Day


Deer Herd
January 1, 2009

After dinner on December 31st we travelled to spend the even with good friends. We prefer house parties because they tend to be low keyed or at least with our friends yet they are a lot of fun. When midnight approaches someone always turns on the television so we can watch the ball drop at Times Square. Once the ball drops and the new year has officially arrived we wish each other all the best for the upcoming year then we call all of our kids. It's a family tradition.

We almost stayed home this year as I have a sinus infection that I've been battling since before Christmas. I really need antibiotics for this one but my doctor's office was closed for the holidays. Oldest grandbaby and parents left in the morning so I had a bit of a fitful nap. Anyway I decided to tough it out thinking a bit of very cold air all be it painful would help turn the infection around. So I stood in the very cold for several minutes before getting in the car to make the journey to our friends'. It was early, just after 8 pm but still I was surprised we only went through one ride check. We stayed over night to avoid other drunk drivers.

The following morning we headed home and less than 10 minutes later spotted the deer herd. They were very close to town just outside a forested area. There were 7 of them all together and they didn't seem to mind us slowing down to take their pictures. What a beautiful sight! I haven't heard of any reports of deer being spotting in town but I'm sure there will be especially around the perimeter. We continued on our journey home, happy to greet another new year together. For year's we hosted a New Year's Day steak barbeque but this year decided to cancel since the weather had been so unpredictable. Actually the weather had been very predictable going to the tune of "we have a large event planned" to which the weather responded by "how many feet of snow would you like and can I add a bit of ice and whiteout conditions with that". You just have to love it when you can still get great weather like this! New Year's Day ended up being a quiet, restful day enjoying the water from the warmth of the house and simply spending time together.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2008


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.