I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, January 26, 2009

Wild Turkeys

wild turkeys
Wild Turkeys
(Meleagris gallopavo)
January 10, 2009

On one of our first journeys from the guest house on Saturday we noticed a large flock of quite large black birds congregating around one of the ponds. Asking the residents we discovered these were wild turkeys! I'm sorry this picture is a bit fuzzy. For a close-up view and more details on wild turkeys click here. We saw the wild turkeys daily always at the same pond. They were quite the sight! They were also quite vocal. In the evenings they filled the trees on the edge of the pond. The day before we left another flock of wild turkeys appeared at another pond closer to the road.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


2 comments:

  1. Oh, cool! I like when you spot something different like that. We saw wild turkeys in New York and Kentucky. I love to spot things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they interesting? Half the fun of traveling is seeing the local wildlife.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.