I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Right Place, The Right Time


Moon Rays
January 10, 2009

Saturday evening we headed down to the club house for dinner. Just after the drinks were served my husband realized he forgot a folder in the car that we wanted to discuss over dinner. He went out for it and upon returning said "You might want to go out and take a look. Take the camera." I went out and saw the most gorgeous moon rise possible. Little did I know at the time that the moon that night would be the brightest it has been in 7 years! At the time I was just busy snapping pictures and marvelling at what an absolutely amazing beauty I was witnessing. I returned to enjoy a lovely meal with my husband. Once we were back at the guest house I took another good look at the moon. On the way back to the guest house I realized how bright the moon was. It was so sharp, bright, defined and impressive! I snapped a few more pictures from the front of the guest house but could not bring myself to get near the water's edge for a picture. It would have been so very impressive but knowing there were alligators out there, I kind of chickened out. Trust me I'm not a good runner but I can play dead pretty good though I doubt any self respecting alligator would get that close to a scrawny human who needs to change her drawers but is hanging onto her camera for dear life. Now I really wish I had not chickened out. I mean what is more important? Getting an awesome picture or being molested by an alligator?

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.