I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, January 08, 2009

A Wii Problem


Wii Bowling
December 26, 2008

Parents to oldest grandbaby have a Wii so over the holidays we played a few games. Oh my gosh! When we first tried I was all gung ho to buy a Wii. We giggled over making our avatars. We giggled as the little one used one of the controllers sans batteries to mimic us. We giggled over the first few attempts at bowling which honestly we should have been able to do quite well considering we bowled 5 pin for years. My husband bowled before we met, we bowled for entertainment while dating and we bowled on a weekly league for several years (about 15). Bowling is one of the very few sports I do like participating in. About the only other sport I will willing participate in is tennis. Ok, herein lies the problem with Wii. We played a few games of bowling, tennis and baseball. I sat out of the golf because while I do golf or did for awhile I really needed a rest. Then the kids set it the Wii to do the fitness test. I'm not kidding they busted their sides laughing watching me! Guess what my fitness was? Oh come on, just take a guess...
.
.
.
fitness age 74
followed by fits of laughter from my family; they even had tears from laughing so hard - humpf

Hello! I still haven't hit the big 50. Dumb machine! Doesn't it realize I've worked very hard at increasing my brain power and that physical fitness is highly over rated? I exercise my brain daily but the Wii did not take that into consideration. Then to add insult to injury, the next day my muscles were so sore to which the kids said you have to work through it. Yea, right! Four days later I could finally move normally.

Oh and we apparently we are getting a Wii [sigh] :( I'm getting a lot of exercise right now hiding money. If he can't find it he can't buy it!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:21 PM

    The nice thing about Wii Fit is that you CAN just do the Fitness Test which is really a sense of balance combined with age and weight. You can do it daily and get very different results without ever having to exercise! :-D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.