I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dancing Girl


Dancing Bird
January 11, 2009

Finding humour in daily events is really a blessing! Watching wildlife can give you an awful lot of chuckles. A case in point was this water fowl that frequented the pond behind the guest house. Sorry, I don't know what the name of the bird is but if some kind soul knows I will make the correction. Anyway, my husband is a huge music fan which means our iPods travel with us. He was sitting in the sunporch relaxing, drinking his morning coffee and listening to the iPod on the sound dock obviously oblivious to the dancing bird. I looked out and quickly grabbed the camera! Here was this bird at the edge of the water not only dancing but seriously singing to the music. Every time the music hit a bit higher note the bird would send out a call. I tapped my husband on his shoulder to watch. It was the funniest thing you ever saw. Now what was even funnier is this bird appeared out of nowhere every time the patio door to the sunporch was opened. It stood there very patiently waiting for the music then it started the dancing and singing. I seriously just about busted myself laughing! What was even more impressive was we moved down the street half way through our vacation to the rental house that still had a good view of the pond. The sunporch on the rental unit didn't get morning sun so my husband went to the front along with his iPod. Guess who appeared within seconds of the music being turned on. Talk about down right funny!


Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.