I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, January 22, 2009


Do Not Molest Gator
January 10, 2008

We arrived at Cypress Lakes just after 11 AM. Adjacent to where we checked in was a small pond with a sign regarding gators as shown. Being of sound mind I asked the receptionist if there were really gators in the pond. "Honey" she said "this is Florida, of course there is!" Well we found out later she was telling the truth but in the meantime this was our welcoming to Cyrpess Lakes.

I should note with me at 5"1" mixed with my propensity towards lack of physical activity aside of brains and fingers the prospect of molesting any alligator was a very remote possibility. I mean it could have happened but honestly me against a gator? I might have given the gator a good tongue lashing from quite a distance. Molesting a gator just wouldn't be my style. Besides I'm pretty sure a gator would do a pretty good job of molesting me!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


2 comments:

  1. the owners of the land sure have a morbid sense of humour! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually they are quite serious as there are alligators on the property. Normally alligators will avoid humans. If you feed them the gators lose their fear of humans which can create a greater risk of attack. Molesting them (eg. throwing stones to get them to move) can cause them to attack as well. The signs are rather cute though :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.