I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - Happy Hallowe'en

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

This past week we were able to share and enjoy the excitement of a much younger generation's anticipation at dressing up and going door to door trick or treating.  My gosh, how times have changed.  I can remember rushing out the door to be on of the first kids to get Mrs. S's famous fudge then scurrying along as fast as my legs would go to get Mrs. M's popcorn balls and Mrs. T's peanut butter cookies.  Well heaven forbid that the little ones can enjoy that now.  Everything must be wrapped in unopened packages and we daren't give them any fresh fruit either.  At some point the custom of Hallowe'en is going to go by the wayside.  We are really blessed to know what this wonderful tradition was like as children, watch our kids enjoy it and now get to see our grandkids enjoy it.  Traditions are blessings.  They help to ground us, link us to our past and give us a bit of comfort in an ever changing world.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.