I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Farmland USA

silos
Farmland USA
October 7, 2010

In many ways I am a country girl at heart.  Until this last house we always lived in small communities but until we move from here we are officially rural living.  This house though is really like in a miniature community of about 20 families only half of which live here year round with the other half seasonal.  While we do have land and some of our neighbours have chickens we still don't have chickens.  It is not suitable for larger livestock like goats, sheep or cattle although technically if we could make the livestock fit there would be no restriction to having them.  If I had my druthers we would live on a proper farm.  I'm thinking a turn of the century, two story farm house with at least one huge red barn and a brick silo.  I would want chickens, goats, sheep, a couple of pigs, a cow and whatever else I could fit in.  I would hound the auction sales for an old antique tractor like on Green Acres.  Honestly I would be in seventh heaven!  However, life is taking me on a different journey equally exciting so for now I get great pleasure traveling through the countryside.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.