I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - The Weather Held

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

We have had the very good fortune to enjoy milder temperatures the past week.  I turned on the gas fireplace a few times to take the chill off the family room but didn't need to put the furnace on.  This is quite different than last year where the furnace was turned on much earlier in the month.  The longer we can leave the furnace off the better as home heating in Ontario has increased by 8% thanks to McGuinty's greedy HST tax grab.  The milder temperatures meant the gardens produced longer so mid-week I will still harvesting small amounts of peppers and tomatoes.  It was nice seeing others out puttering in their gardens as well.  While it did cool off with rain some nights and one short afternoon hail the frost that threatened passed us by.  In short we were blessed with beautiful autumn weather!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.