I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Looking Back at 2010

The final few days of 2010 are counting down.  I've heard so many say they will be glad to see the end of 2010.  While 2010 had a few bumps and glitches for each one there was a blessing right behind it.  It is so true that everything happens for a reason.  This year has been chaotic and emotional as we have struggled to sell our primary residence and purchase a new one in an urban setting.  We will be sad to give up our rural living but it is time to move on.  Spurring on that decision was the purchase of our vacation home in the sunny south where we hope to vacation 3 months or more of the year.  The first seven months of the year I dealt with an online stalker that finally came to the boiling point.  Thank goodness the problem resolved itself!  On the heels of that I felt at peace finally able to relax.  The rest of the year has been a hodge podge of minor ups and downs, the house still on the market, traveling and a strong focus on family and friends. 

The weather for most of the year was out of sorts both at home and our vaction home but we still had a lot of fun.  We didn't get the boat out as much as we would have liked.  My husband didn't get as much golfing in as he would have liked either.  Yet we had fun!  We enjoyed a heck of a lot of excellent food.  The garden produced rather well despite the weather.  I was able to get the pantry shelves restocked with an abundance of home canned foods and the freezers restocked with beef on the hoof.  I managed to get a few knitting projects done.   We did a fair amount of traveling in 2010 spending 8 weeks total over the year at our vacation home in addition to the other travel we did.

All in all, despite the bumps and glitches that increased our stress level, 2010 was not that bad of a year.  I'm looking forward to 2011 but at the same time enjoying the memories from 2010 :) 

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


1 comment:

  1. There's something interesting in reflecting on a year as it ends. I've only just found your blog. It struck me by it's title. I believe reflecting is an important process in order to grow as a person. Writing with honesty takes some courage. I praise you for that.
    Personally, I've had a great year in many ways. I think living for the moment when it is good helps in so many ways.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.