I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - A Close Call

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

Friday night we rode with friends to go to a community fish fry.  When I went to get into the truck afterwards the wind caught the door sending it slamming into my leg.  By the time we got back to their place it looked like I had a second knee over my tibia about 3 inches down from my actual knee.  I immediately started icing it.  As the swelling continued, I decided to go to the hospital for x-rays.  Despite the horrendous swelling there were no apparent breaks although the swelling may be hiding a hairline fracture so if the swelling doesn't decrease over a 72 hour period I have to go back.  I'm doing sitting with leg elevated and icing.  Thank goodness for the pair of crutches that are helping be get around when I have to.  With a bit of luck everything will heal nicely and I will back to my normal self shortly!

Garden Gnome


2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I hope that everything is alright by now and the swelling has subsided. Hope you are not in any pain and if so, you are allowed some pain meds. Be well and Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your well wishes, Mama Mia :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.