I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

A Fancy Smoker at Bush Gardens, Tampa, Florida

A Fancy Smoker at Bush Gardens
December 16, 2010

Although it did not set out to be, the theme of our recent vacation to the sunny south quickly became 'Q' - BBQ that is.  We savoured the sweet yet robust flavours of some of the best smoked Q you have ever tasted.  Now I've been wanting a smoker for quite sometime.  Smoked meats have a characteristic red ring that you just can't get with any other cooking method.  The choice of wood, usually hardwood, determines the flavour.  The thing about Q is it is long and slow so not only is the meat flavourful it is moist and tender, melt in your mouth.  A smoker is on my list of must haves this year!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.