I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Bit of Telemarketer Fun

We spent a bit of time at our vacation home from September 19 to October 6.  Considering we spent the first two weeks of September moving into our new home I was beyond exhausted so believe me was in no mood to deal with telemarketers, let alone American telemarketers who are considerably more forceful, abrasive and down right rude in comparison to Canadian telemarketers.  Anyway, a roofing telemarketer called and unfortunately I answered.  This person insisted the roof inspection was a mandatory one so I went back and forth a couple of times but was just too tired.  They insisted we be at our home on at 4 PM a week ago Monday.  Hey, no problem because we come all the way from Canada to get a sales pitch.  They told me to be sure I called the guard house to let them in.  That gave me a brilliant idea.  Since they didn't want to take no for an answer I called the guard house and told them what happened.  G who is a real sweetheart said don't worry, if you don't want them in, they aren't getting in.  He also told me this particular company was well known in our resort for the heavy handed sales tactics and shoddy workmanship.  So, they didn't get in which is one nice feature of a gated community.  Hopefully now they comprehend the meaning of the word no!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.