I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - Discovering Home

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

We spent our last night at our old house on August 31st then spent September 1st and 14th living between two houses.  Our new house was officially in our name on the 15th and we flew out to our vacation home on the 19th  where we stayed until October 6th.  We are both exhausted even though the fall vacation was quite pleasant.  We had gorgeous sunshine and heat mixed with good company and a lot of fun.  As we packed on the Wednesday before flying out to 'home' I couldn't help but think we really weren't going home.  It's still a house not a home to us because we haven't been turned it into our home yet.  Yet in many ways it is going home.  It's where our friends and loved ones are so it is home.  We feel comfortable there.  It's our community, where we belong.  It is our home in the big picture now we are discovering our new house that will become our new home :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.