I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blog Your Blessings Sunday - DIY Skills

Blog Your Blessings Sunday

My husband and I have been very fortunate to learn a lot of DIY skills over our journey together.   Our new house doesn't need a lot of work, mainly a bit of updating and decorating.  The updating consists of replacing electrical switches and outlets as well as ceiling and outdoor light fixtures.  Even though we like the colour tones of the rooms, each room does need to be freshened up with a new coat of paint.  We will be able to do the majority of this work ourselves.  We are also very blessed to have family and friends who are qualified to help us with some tasks (eg. hooking up natural gas appliances) that we are not qualified to do.  They are always willing to lend a helping hand.  We learn from them and in return we share out knowledge of how to do tasks that we know how to do.  As a result, we are able to save a considerable amount of money on needed improvements and decorating that would otherwise be spent on labour.  This has allowed us to build equity in our homes much more rapidly than possible if having to hire out all home repairs and maintenance.  

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.