I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, October 13, 2011

I'm Not Ignoring You, I'm Just Not Into Small Talk

I am by nature quite a shy person.  I talk if I have something to say but it takes me a considerable time to warm up to people enough to talk to them.  Academia taught me how to perform nicely in front of large groups of people but other than that, I tend to listen.  Academia also taught me I have a voice.  Most of my voice these days comes through my writing although a few debates gets going amongst family and friends.  I really don't like small talk, period and never have.  I don't even do much in the way of small talk with my husband.  My husband and I have been married long enough we know what the other is thinking without wasting time on small talk.  Rather we enjoy each other's presence without the small talk.  So I'm not ignoring you I just don't do small talk...

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.