I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sunset at Our New House

sunset at our new house
Sunset at Our New House
October 16, 2011

I'm a skywatcher, always have been.  Over the past decade we have enjoyed some of the most beautiful sunsets while boating and living on the water.  While we can still enjoy the gorgeous sunsets on the water while boating, we are no longer living on the water so I was concerned that we would be missing out on sunsets.  Pictured is the sunset I took a picture of through our bedroom window.  It was quite pretty.  I will have to get used to the fact that the windows have screens on both the outside that gives a grid when I have become used to taking pictures through a clear pane of glass.  Surprisingly my digital camera does that quite nicely.

We have a fair amount of open space around our new home giving a minimal of obstructions for skywatching.  I was surprised to be able to get a nice shot of that sunset.  I will be able to get even better pictures from the pool deck and not bad pictures from the main deck.  What is really nice is even though we have a glow from our new urban setting I can still use the telescope for a bit of star gazing!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2011


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.