I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Bit More on the Canadian Geese Visits

Canadian Geese
(Branta canadensis)
January 16, 2010

Canadian geese are graceful in the water as well. I love watching them glide gracefully over the water. Occasionally one will assert his authority by posturing. This involves a semi-flight position half out of the water with wings almost fully extended. It is impressive to watch but harder to catch for photographing. Their visits have become less frequent the last couple of days as it has turned milder. They can still be heard overhead occasionally :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.