I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Saturday, January 02, 2010

New Year's Resolutions


Stratford, Ontario
December 19, 2009

I'm wishing you all the best in health, happiness and prosperity during 2010! This is the time of the year that many announce their new year's resolutions presumably in an attempt to make themselves a better person in the coming year. Some of these resolutions are practical and some regardless of how hard the person tries will never be attained. I don't do new year's resolutions, never have and more than likely never will because these short lived promises don't fit into my value system. I have however hit upon a decision that took a lot of thought but unlike a resolution will take little to achieve. I have a poser who came into my life last year against my will but I have decided that I have no use for posers in my life.

Do you know what a poser is? A poser is the ultimate fake who will say or do anything including mimicking you in the hopes of getting your attention for their own personal gain with no regard to your feelings. They are a phony want-a-be-just-like-you not above the most devious means to achieve their goal and agenda. The poser doesn't care about the hurt their lies and coercion may cause the other person as long as they achieve their agenda. I have decided that I am not going to be a poser's victim, not now and not ever! So there you have it my somewhat, round-about resolution or perhaps I should say determination in this case. Unlike a resolution that may bend or even break over the year to resort to older, more comfortable ways my determination in this matter will only strengthen day by day.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! May you be blessed. That building is beautiful, I admire fine architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, it sounds like you had a really awful time with this person! Well good luck for this year then and I hope it is free of posers and disingenuous people.

    That building is beautiful. Is it Victorian era?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Mrs. Mecomber :) It is a beautiful building, isn't it. The whole area surrounding Stratford is rich with this gorgeous architecture. I just love visiting the area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emm, thanks for your well wishes. At best I can say it's been a ride I would rather not have taken. The picture is of the Perth County Courthouse in Stratford, Ontario. It is located at the end of Highway 8 as it turns onto Huron Street. The original courthouse and jail was built in 1853 so definitely during the Victorian era.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really a gorgeous example of Victorian architecture and your photo of it is realy good! Are there lots of old buildings like that in your area?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.