I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Friday, January 08, 2010

Living on the Water in the Winter

icy waters
Icy Waters
January 5, 2010

I grew up on the water so it is only natural for me to want to live on the water as an adult. What people not living on the water quite often don't realize is the water seriously takes on a life of its own and so it should be. Water after all is one of the most important life forces. The water has its own persona changing honestly from minute to minute, season to season. A couple of days ago we woke to clear, gorgeous turquoise water shimmering in the sun. Less than an hour later if even that the water had filled with ice. A few small open spots remained for the waterfowl to land for their daily fishing.

Pictured is the view over the water with a little liberty taken by me using Photoshop®. It's funny that I use Photoshop® on a daily basis yet forget how much fun it is to play every once in awhile. This filter just brings out the feeling of the ice on the water! I think it captures the feeling quite nicely.

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


2 comments:

  1. That is a lovely photo! Did you use that watery filter? Were your family in fishing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emm :) The filter is called plastic wrap. I think it gives a rather interesting effect when the main focus is water and ice. The picture was taken out of our kitchen patio doors. The yard ends at the water's edge. The kids (now grown) and I fish but my husband doesn't.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.