I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sun in Snow Storm


Sun in Snow Storm
January 8, 2010

I have been a skywatcher for as long as I can remember. There is just something about turning your eyes to the sky not only for the beauty but as a weather predictor. Friday morning we woke to the starts of a heavier snow storm, the first one of the season for us this year! The morning sky was so pretty with the sun trying to peak through the clouds and falling snow. It managed to turn the snow into a million diamond sparkles for about 15 minutes mid-morning. By early afternoon we had gone from just a hint of snow on the green grass to about 7 cm of snow! It was the start of hibernating for the weekend :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2009


4 comments:

  1. What an incredible photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that's a gorgeous photo! The world "primordial" comes to mind for some reason. As it is is from the dawn of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Emm :) It really was quite the fluke shot so I'm lucky it came out as good as it did.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.