I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Monday, January 25, 2010

Oldest Grandbaby & the Waterfowl


Mute Swans
January 16, 2010


The two oldest grandbabies are always so excited to watch the waterfowl and boats at our house. The youngest grandbaby just likes decorating the patio door with little baby prints and slobber. Last year we taught the oldest how to feed the ducks and swans from our dock. So this weekend when they visited it wasn't long into the morning that the ducks were spotted. This wasn't just a family of duck but more like a huge flock of well over a hundred ducks. We had a leisurely breakfast while chatting and watching the water while all the while oldest grandbaby eyed up those duck. As we were cleaning up Grandma's stool was getting dragged all over the kitchen looking for the bread. Then without batting an eye told Papa "come on let's feed the ducks" except he came back with "ducks don't eat bread in the winter". That didn't stop the determined little one who turned around and said "Grandma and me will be right back, bye." Mommy asked where the little one and Grandma was going to which the instant reply was "Grandma and me are feeding ducks". Hmm, I already have a little helper if I get the chickens I want this spring!

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.