I'm so glad you could stop by. This is my personal blog of daily life and my journey through life. You will find a strong emphasis on family and friends as well as finding my ancestors through genealogy. Unlike my other blogs this blog is more of a catch-all so any topic is fair game.

Search This Blog:

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's Raining Cats and Dogs


Have you ever wondered where certain sayings like "it's raining cats and dogs" comes from? Well during my many travels I learned the meaning to this saying. In the days that thatch was used as a roofing material dogs and cats would sun themselves on the thatched roofs. If a storm blew through resulting in heavy rains the thatch became slippery causing the cats and dogs to slip from the roof essentially looking like it was raining cats and dogs. And there you go, the meaning behind a saying that at some point you will pass on to someone else :)

Garden Gnome
©2006-2010


0 visitors said:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. It will appear when approved.